Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day5 Post Op

Macsen smiled at us today! Incredibly happy. I am getting my baby back.
He ate pretty well overnight and the swing my sister bought was a serious Godsend...or Gabsend!! He was so agitated after the move from the room in CICU - he is such a funny baby, very uncomfortable with changes in his surroundings at bedtime and changes to his schedule. So when he saw the swing set up and we put him in it he passed out. Our nurse was afraid after his meltdown during the room change that he would have a tough night w/ inconsolable crying but Macsen really wasn't too bad. It was impossible for me to sleep though - the recliner wouldn't stay reclined, we had 2 baby's on different eating/crying/fussy/med times so Gabriella's mom and I were both up all night. Aaron slept on a recliner in the lounge.
He had his iv fluids cut off and his meds are now all oral. He still has the cannula in giving him an oxygen boost and all the EKG wires - such a pain come diaper change time. He looks exhausted, his eyes look tired to me. He needs to get back to some solid sleep which is nearly impossible in a hospital. So noisy, bustling, focused on pushing meds and ordering tests but not rest.
Have a hard ass(apologies) nurse today - she's training someone so is probably even more picky then normal - harassing us about how many pieces if furniture is in the room, fussing at Aaron for getting Macsen his milk instead of waiting for them to - breast milk is considered a medicine here apparently- giving me grief about wanting to change his pulse ox probe even though I feel his isn't picking up well... Ugh. I am too tired and my sense of humour is wearing thin - bits of "complaining Alex" showing through the worn spots. The iv infiltration has shaken my belief that everyone here is paying attention...
There are some amazing nurses though - we love most of them and have had several of the ones we loved from last surgery which is nice. They went above and beyond yesterday trying to find us some of M's 7th generation diapers. He ran out and the Huggies the hospital had irritated his legs where they touch him and he now has a scab there:( they didn't find his diapers but did find some pure and natural ones that haven't bothered him yet.
Aaron is doing laundry. There are machine's in the 8th floor.
I hope we get a good nurse tonight.

4 comments:


  1. What size diapers, can I have amazon deliver them to the hospital? I'll check...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seventh Generation Free and Clear Baby Diaper Value Pack, Stage 4, 135 Count by Seventh Generation - it can be delivered by Thursday. Let me know though, I don't know where to send it, if I can send it even... xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for tante Gabrielle. super aunty!mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there such a thing as tiny little ear plugs for babies?they would not completely do away with the noise but could perhaps muffle the sound enough to let the little man rest. mum

    ReplyDelete