Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 7 Post op

Macsen is getting better/ stronger everyday. He is able to eat a little better. Still about half what he normally eats which was never a lot to begin with. He is off iv fluids though so I worry he is getting enough in. They won't keep us in patient based on his weight gain/loss though which is a relief. They trust me to get help with that at home if we need it.

He had 4 attempts today to draw his blood :( none worked. His little veins are not happy. So they'll give him a break and try again tomorrow. Yay :(
Good news? We finally got a room at the Ronald McDonald house. So great because while I can't leave M, Aaron can at least get some rest in a real bed for the first time in over a week. He always gives me the sleep chair and tries to sleep in the rocking chair. When his legs go to sleep and the hospital is quiet he goes roaming for a quiet spot to crash - a bench, or recliner. So yay! He went over already to do the paperwork and also grab some dinner. He'll be back on the next shuttle with some dinner for me. Love that man.
Also, I got the results back from the creamatocrit - a process that tests the amount of calories in your breastmilk. It is used to see how many calories they need to add to bring your milk up to 27 calories.
Well my milk averages 30 calories - with some testing 34 calories :) I am happy. Macsen has been getting very high calorie milk so it's not the reason he is growing so slowly. Phew. I am hoping once he recuperates from this last surgery he can start gaining again.


1 comment:

  1. phew! just got this...good news about ronald mc.house.hangin in there.and sending love and prayers

    ReplyDelete