Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Camping pictures coming soon!

We bought one! A camper! We had all but given up on finding one that could fit all 5 of us but still be light enough for our van to pull. We went to 3 different RV places, looked online, and had almost decided we would have to spend more than we really wanted to and get a Class C motor home to fit our whole family when boom - today on a whim went to a new place and there she was. Perfect weight, perfect size, bunks for the girls, a dinette/fold out bed for little man to sleep in that is right beside our bed. Kitchen and bathroom. Awning. What more could we want. And all under 4000 lbs. Aaron and I sat on the bed and said this could work. It's the first one we've seen that I could picture us in if that makes sense. C was in love with this beautiful big motor home that had 2 slides so there was a lot of open floor she thought was a perfect dance floor- that 's why she wanted it... For the dance floor :) it felt huge to me and i just couldn't imagine us in it. I thought she would bring it up - compare the 2 - but she didn't. She loved this little one right away. A lot smaller and a lot less expensive but perfect. So we putz around - the girls used the restroom in the camper store about 10 times, they spent ages picking out what to spend their quarter on in the candy dispenser (Mike and Ike's for K - which she shared with her sister- and a giant gumball for C- which she did not share with her sister.) we got a second look at the camper, a third look. we looked at all the others. The baby got hungry so I brought him in the van to eat, the girls watched a little "Wreck it Ralph" on the DVD player - and Aaron never came out. When Macsen finished eating I sent the girls to tear their dad away from the store - thinking he must be looking at all the MRE's and other survivalist supplies. He comes out and starts the van. I say "I really like this one. I can actually see us in it." He agrees, fills me in on what he and the owner discussed - financing options,. Etc. I tell him I am worried someone will buy it so he nonchalantly mentions we can put a hundred down to hold it - I urge him to, afraid someone will buy it and we'll have to order one - have to wait to start camping with the kids. He looks at me and pulls out the signed paperwork. Tadaa! And he laughingly says it was to be a surprise but I wouldn't stop with the questions :) love that man. Anyone who knows me knows I hate buying things - I am always afraid of making the wrong choice. We looked at dozens of other travel trailers and they all felt like someone else's. This one felt like ours from the start. Just like Aaron -he always felt like mine. We have been together almost 13 years - and married for 9. Today. Today is our 9 year anniversary. And it might sound crazy to some of you to consider your spouse just signing the paperwork and surprising you with a camper. But something told him this was the one too and he listened.
So soon, very soon (like this weekend if the girls have any say) we will be starting a new adventure - a fun one with campfires, s'mores, hikes, site seeing. We can bring it to Pensacola for M's appts and when he has to go back to CHOP they have 2 camping spots we can use so Aaron doesn't have to prowl the halls looking for a dark spot to sleep. And I think we can fit M's swing so he should be happy :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great!
    We, too, have been thinking about something similar. What a great plan!
    Carpe Diem!
    Kirstin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure why it has taken me so long to read this but, wow, I am glad I read it today. What a great story. I miss you, seems like ages since we've caught up. I take that to mean you are too busy - in a good way! Too busy with your new adventure - a "fun one." I'm so happy and excited for you I want to dance a jig! Love you all! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete