Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 5 post op

Little Man is looking a little shriveled this morning after all the diuretics . In my opinion his midnight X-ray looks better than it did (his nurse said so as well.) But his cardiac team hasn't confirmed any of that so I am still unable to give him anything to eat or drink. He is so desperate to drink he is asking me "Mama, blue? Mama, green?" Naming off all the water bottles he has. He is not keeping his sats up either. Same thing happened last night but as soon as he drank his milk they came back up. I think being so dehydrated is affecting his ability to get enough O2. 
The Oxy knocked him out the whole night - he barely moaned when he was lifted and put on the board for his bedside X-ray. But bc his O2 monitor kept going off and I kept getting up to readjust his O2 arm and mask I couldn't take advantage of his great sleep. I was up to witness this beautiful sunrise 
Update** 11:30 am. No chest tube surgery! M vomited all his morning meds but took his 1/2 dose of Oxy like a champ. He then walked all the way to the playroom. He played with trains and cars. I had to roll his O2 tank behind him and try to catch him by his hips when he teetered. Can't catch him under his arms or by his hands for 6 weeks. We went through 3 O2 tanks before he was ready to come back to the room. He fussed all during rounds so I didn't hear anything except that they want to see him off oxygen today! Yay! And are moving all his meds to oral - also a good step forward. He still has fluid on his lungs but with more movement maybe we can get it off. Thank you for the texts and messages yesterday. Thank you for all the prayers 

No comments:

Post a Comment