Monday, February 11, 2013

What?!!!

I feel like the worst mother in the world. I totally failed to keep Macsen healthy :( if i were my boss i would totally fire me but all i can do is watch and hope and pray that this latest virus - this doozy - RSV- isn't the one that puts him in the hospital. Our eldest started coughing the day before Macsen's last cardiology appointment Feb 4. We brought her in on the 5th - my birthday- and they diagnosed seasonal allergies. Not unheard of - she suffers every year at this time. We followed through with her allergy/asthma protocol - inhaler, Nasonex, Zyrtec. Didn't implement quarantine conditions but we should have. 2 days later our other daughter started coughing. Uh oh! Too late. The next day Macsen started coughing. Crap. He got worse and worse and today we brought him in. It's RSV. Of course it is - the worst thing he could catch at the worst time - 17 days away from surgery. There is talk of postponing it. He may have to be hospitalized if he can't kick it on his own. We have our tickets to PA booked and grandma has her tickets and time off work scheduled to watch our girls. It's probably going to get complicated now.
On the bright side Little bub is snotty, coughing, not comfy but he is still smiling. He flirted up a storm with everyone at the pediatrician's office - not his regular one because they were closed due to flooding. And this too has happened for a reason - what it is I can't say but if we have to postpone his second surgery because of this illness - despite months of virtual isolation - I can only believe it wasn't up to us. We did our best but some things are beyond our control and understanding. Or that's what I am telling myself at the moment to keep from crying.
That being said, we are still waiting to hear if we are definitely postponing.

2 comments:

  1. Alex - you are an excelent mother - stop beating yourself up like that! There's no way to protect our little ones from everything, and you and Aaron are doing great in that department. Yes, bad things will happen, but that is not your fault - it just is. I have all my prayer warriors on his case. Hang in there kiddo. Hugs and kisses to all Millers - and lots of prayers so that all your little ones will be well soon. Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! I hope he recovers fast and great!!

    ReplyDelete