Sunday, March 18, 2018

Heart failure sucks

Since January’s cath, Macsen has been admitted twice to Children's of Alabama.
Both admissions were to try new  or tweak his heart failure medicines. They are really, really pushing transplant - telling me we shouldn’t wait too long bc then he could be too sick. THey tell me the wait will be very long and he will need to live in the hospital to be considered. We will need to meet all sorts of criteria. We live more than 3 hours from the closest transplant center but they only do about 10 heart transplants a year. So if transplant is the path we are on now it looks like we need to move near a high volume center - like Texas Children’s or Boston. A transplant is a not a cure and it comes with so many risks - I don’t want it to be our only option now. I want the medication to work. I want more time

No comments:

Post a Comment