Friday, July 20, 2012

Evening at the Park



Last night after dinner the temperatures actually dropped below 90 and we were able to get out and enjoy our local park. The girls had fun in the Splash Pad and playing on the playground - and it was just nice to get out and see them having a good time. Every time we go anywhere like this - a place we've been coming to for years - our girls' entire lives - I wonder "Will we able to bring Macsen here? Will he ever ride that bouncy horse that both girls adored  - the ride on helicopter, the jeep. Will I get to push him around the walking paths to see the ducks and turtles?" But then I realize that is thinking too far ahead and I need to force myself to stay in the now - with them laughing and giggling and begging to be pushed on the swings.  


2 comments:

  1. Good for you for staying in the now! How hard it is...good grief! Glad that your family got a break from the heat and could do the simple things...playing, laughing, having fun. That's what it's all about. Hang in there, mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying in the now is the best, but it is hard not to get caught up in the 'will he ever'. I did that a lot when I was pregnant. The best feeling was the first time we brought Hope home and it was warm enough to take her outside. We have a huge yard (8 acres and a 3 acre lake) and when she and I sat on a bench my husband made me for Mother's Day...it is somewhere I sit a lot...and I remember when I was pregnant thinking about the 'what ifs' and that day I held Hope and cried so hard...because it was something I was able to do with her that I really worried about never doing. I pray that you will be able to have that same feeling in a few months.

    ReplyDelete