Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Warrior Beads of Courage

Macsen is a Warrior.  I know this because I have seen him handle some of life’s most ridiculous challenges with grace and courage.  I have seen him shrug off what would bring some adults I know to their knees.  He is a warrior, and a survivor.  They are home now, trying to take it one day at a time, and redefine “normal.” They amaze me every day.


Recently, my sister posted this picture of Macsen with his string of beads from the organization, Beads of Courage.  My sister said, “Every one of these beads is something hard - a blood draw, an Iv placement, a surgery, a sedation, an echo, ekg, chest tube removal, getting up and walking for the first time after surgery, on and on. And these don’t even represent half of it - often one bead represents many of the same procedures.”


No comments:

Post a Comment