Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Woke up on the wrong side of 2013

Sheesh! This year is kicking our butt! After many stressful days, many texts and calls and visits to doctors in 3 states, and a fortuitous find on Google we figured out Macsen's bloody diapers were caused by one of his reflux meds Prilosec. Once we cut it out there was no blood within 48hrs and he's been blood free for days now. Phew. I mean PHEW!!! I can smile and laugh again and shake my moneymaker to Just Dance 4 (which Aaron sweetly taped and plastered on FB.)
Round 2. The flu. Our eldest got feverish and was throwing up but tested negative for the flu. Put her on Tamiflu anyways b/c of Macsen @ home. We all get sore/scratchy throats and coughing - no fever or nausea. Macsen starts coughing too and is unhappy. Bring him in and Tadaa! Positive flu test :( Our triumvirate of doctors discusses admission to the hospital but in light of M's healthy appetite today and lack of scary symptoms they agree we can monitor him at home. They advise me to "watch him very closely and bring him to the closest ER at the sign of any change." Gulp. I may never, ever sleep again.
I don't know why 2013 is determined to break us down so quickly. What did we ever do to you 2013? We hardly even know you. Dang!

3 comments:

  1. Alex, don't fret- M will continue to pleasantly surprise all of us. Prayers from all and for all continue to go your way. Hugs and lots of love to ALL Millers. Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears in my eyes as I read between the lines... prayers never cease! You continue to amaze me with your ability to keep us in the loop on this blog using just enough detail to convey how serious this is while injecting enough humor to show us you are ok. I wish I could help you more. Is Bailey too much? Do you need me to watch him again? We can fly him up, maybe? Or. Maybe he can hitch a ride with folks traveling north? We can travel south to meet up somewhere? Just let me know. Love u. XoX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things can only go up and better in 2013, since you have really hit a bad rut in the road. Prayers and lit candles continue!!! With all our love and prayers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete