Saturday, September 15, 2012

No baby yet

39 weeks and 5 days!! Still no baby. The doctors won't let me go too far past my due date - in fact they didn't want me to go 1 day past but have a really busy schedule until Friday so that's our induction day if Macsen doesn't come on his own. I don't think he'll make us wait much longer - in fact, I felt sure if Aaron hadn't made me lie down Thursday to stop my contractions he might have come then. Aaron wasn't quite ready yet and it was the 13th...
It's a weird feeling being excited and terrified at the same time. Lately terrified has been winning out... Too much time to think. At home there was normal daily living to fill up the day but here we are in this state of stasis-everyone waiting. We try to stay busy. In fact this week we had to take K to the emergency room for a fever/face rash that was spreading down her face. We are waiting for results from her Lyme disease test that she rocked! No crying or struggling - just watched the whole thing and told me later it did kinda hurt. She hasn't taken her ER bracelet off yet.
Yesterday we had our last scheduled OB appt and we brought the girls. Then lunch w/ Aunt JoAnn and a trip to the aquarium. The hippos were swimming which was so cool to watch. Today we went to Tyler Arboretum which was beautiful. They have lots of tree houses and fairy grottos to explore, hammocks to lie in and strange trees (strange for us used to seeing white pines and magnolias.)
It really is a beautiful place. The girls helped Aunt Janice gather kindling and we had a great cook out complete with smores. We had to wear sweaters - so weird because I know at home they are probably still knee deep in summer. Our friends at home had a car wash for Macsen - thank you guys for spending your Saturday doing this for us. We love you and miss you all. And we've gotten several care packages from friends and family while we've been here that help break the days up. Thank you Katie P, Barbara W, Barbara A, Christina C for the sweet gifts for the kids and thank you Aunti Judy for the weekly book delivery. You guys really make us feel loved. If i could request something for Aaron and Me, we would love some prayers for strength and freedom from fear so we can be excited to see Macsen - we know he has to come out soon and we have to start what we've been planning and researching for months. We are just so afraid.

1 comment:

  1. Hey loves! I pray every day for your precious family and you know I will continue. I can't even imagine what you are feeling. I pray that you will get over the fear....I will pray for your strength to not only handle Macsen but also Carys and Kismet as well. Hugs, love and prayers! XOXOXO Love, BWW

    ReplyDelete