Monday, May 14, 2012

Getting the ball rolling

So after numerous phone calls and emails the doctor that diagnosed us FINALLY sent all our info to the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. I was hoping they'd take one look at the ultrasound and fetal echo and say  Macsen was the perfect candidate for the balloon surgery. But they couldn't tell :( So , we have our first appointments in 1 week in Philadelphia - a mere 1000 miles away. Now we're researching plane tickets (which are ridiculously expensive with only a week to plan) and who can watch our girls here over night while we visit the hospital where the baby will have his surgeries. I'm excited to meet part of the team that will help our baby but so nervous too. This is all so different than my easy pregnancies with the girls.
Tonight I did go to my mixed martial art class I've been going to for the past 3 years. My doctors assured me some exercise wouldn't hurt the baby and it sure made me feel better. It was great to see my instructor John and have my  husband Aaron in  there with me - he always makes me laugh and he hasn't been able to come because of shift changes at his job. Felt a little like ... normal. Something I'm beginning to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment