Wednesday, February 13, 2019

This will be known as the pivotal moment of clarity

Mac's home cardiologist has reviewed all his EKGs and found the problem. Apparently in October somehow the threshold dropped for one of his leads - I'm still not clear how that happened but I'm told it just does somehow- and his cardiologist said it was obvious when reviewing his EKGS. He admitted to missing it at the time - he gets monthly EKGs- and said he could have easily fixed it at that time if he had noticed  
So since at least October his heart that was beating out of synch has been getting stimulated to pump only on one side - causing it to beat even more out of synch. He also said he never believed the pacemaker was going to help (even though we saw it helping) and that he felt it was giving us false hope and that not fixing the lead that wasn't working didn't do any damage to M's heart which is contrary to what Boston told us. I can't help feeling because he never believed in it he didn't do his due diligence to make sure it was still working correctly. And he mentioned that thresholds need to be adjusted frequently but he never mentioned that during all the months we were watching Macsen decline, he never said "Maybe we should check his thresholds since it can be a common problem they need to be adjusted frequently." I am so angry but it's that emotional anger where I will probably cry if I try to tell him exactly how angry I am with him, how disappointed and devastated. And that would be worse for me - I will never cry in front of that man. 
I told him I want to list Mac for transplant in Boston and he agreed that would be a good thing. 
Sometimes I just have to think that these crazy things that happen are pushing us somewhere else and I have to try to find God's plan in it. 
Boston has said setting everything up will take time and he needs to be monitored every few weeks as we up his meds, etc. As I hope this will be our last local visit and I couldn't possibly find a new local team in the next few weeks I will take him to the  Birmingham transplant clinic for the 2 week follow up. This sucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment