Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bronchitis 2, Miller Fam 0

Macsen and Aaron both were diagnosed with bronchitis. Macsen seems to be fighting it pretty well now that he has some meds on board - antibiotics bc he had green phlegm and steroids because he was very rattely and wheezy. I have been checking his SATs a lot more often and was shocked to see this when he was napping:
I have never see his heart rate so low - never less than mid 90s and that was only when he was coming out of sedation. I freaked out and messaged his card and sent messages to other heart moms I know. Everyone reassured me that it was good - as long as it stays above 60 we are good. And his O2 was 85 which is pretty perfect for a stage 2 hlhser. Macsen is kicking butt! Those steroids are giving him a little 'roid rage - he is even more frustrated than normal - and he is drinking way more milk then I can make. Thank goodness for a small stash in the freezer from our fellow heart mom who donated some milk for M before moving to New Mexico. 
We see his cardiologist in a few days - fingers crossed everything checks out and she can answer some questions I have been ruminating over.  I seriously need a better way to handle my anxiety/stress/worry. It has taken me over lately and no one has time for that. I think some reassurance from her would go a long way. 
We have been cleared by M's pediatrician to take him to Pensacola to also meet his new cousin and see family. We are excited! Praying he's even better tomorrow and the girls sell all the Girl Scout cookies at their booth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment